Tuesday, June 15, 2010

knit on a purl/ purl on a knit

I know it's happened to the best of us and it's inevitable that sometimes we make the mistake and knit on a purl or purl on a knit stitch... Up until recently I would go frog it back until my mistake and then continue... I am proud to announce that I can now FINALLY make the change of this simple, silly mistake with my trusty crochet hook! It makes me happy =) NO MORE frogging!!!


I have also figured out a way to make cables much easier to knit-- I know most of you have already figured it out, but like I said before, I have never knit a cable in my life, and I am quite impatient when it comes to learning new techniques-- I have started using my crochet hook as my "cable needle" and I simply place the stitches back onto the left hand needle and then knit with my crochet hook, pull the new stitch onto the right hand needle and continue until my cable is complete! Does this make sense? Has anyone else figured this out? I'll post pictures to show what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment